Wednesday, July 9, 2008

House of Gyro

I Love Greek Food! When I was in college. my mom and I began a tradition of going downtown to get Greek food every time she came to visit. This tradition continued until I moved home the summer before Ted and I married. But not for long. One day, Ted and I stumbled upon this little Greek place on Stewarts Ferry. The House of Gyro is one those places that you probably would not notice unless someone pointed it out but once you find you never for get it. Their menu is designed for the Greek lover or plain janes. Thy offer Greek specialities as well as more common food like chicken and fries. I highly recommend ordering some type of Gyro. Their Lamb has the most amazing flavor. They slow roast it on a vertical rotisserie. Then they shave it off and grill it for a few minutes before serving it up on a platter complete with Greek salad, rice, and of course a pita. After eating at almost every Greek restaurant in town I can honetly say they have the best Lamb in town. The best part is...its cheap. Prices range from $3.99 to $5.99. You can't beat that. My favorite part about the House of Gyro thought is not the food. I love the owners. They have this philosophy of getting to know their costumes and making them relaly enjoy their dinnig experience. In this day and age that is a rare thing. Different from American culture they work really hard to save and invest in their restaurant. Everytime I go in they have changed something small to make it a better place. I love supporting a good onld family owned business.

1 comment:

emily said...

Let's hear it for the House of Gyros!!! YYYUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! It gets my psuedo-Greek gal seal of approval =)