Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cupcake Catastrophe!

Week one of my mini cupcake project I made these fabulous banana nut cupcakes. Feeling pretty good about my baking abilities I moved into week two with a dream of creating cupcakes inspired by Ben & Jerry’s Cherries Garcia Ice Cream. I wanted a rich cherry flavored cupcake with bits of dark chocolate and a splash of almond covered in dark fudge. As I researched recipes for cherry cake I noticed that there were very few as in none….ah I have found my niche I will be the one who creates the perfect cherry cake recipe…or so I thought. Silly me what I should of thought was there must be a good reason you can’t find a cake recipe using real cherries. Needless to say after many hours of mixing and baking my Cherry Garcia cupcake dreams turned into a nightmare. So for now I am putting my dream on the back burner while I explore other delicious ideas. That is all I have to say about that!

1 comment:

Walters Press said...

Cherry cake sounds really good. make it make it.