Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good Morning Cupcakes

By popular request, I am posting my recipe for Good Morning cupcakes. If your wondering how I came up with the name for my cupcakes well here it is. Food inspires my creations. People inspire my names. (I know its strange...some people name their children after their friends well I name my cupcakes after the people who inspire me.) When I was making these cupcakes, I couldn't help but to think of my teamate Alison. Quite often I stop at Starbucks after the gym to get coffee for myself and our other teammate Amanda. Alison, however, does not like coffee. (I know shocking!!!) Anyway, since she doesn't drink coffee I usually pick up her favorite morning treat a banana nut loaf. Upon receiving this treat, she smiles and says something to the affect its going to be a good morning. Therefore, I named these cupcakes "Good Morning" in her honor. So here 's to you Alison...thanks for being an amazing teammate and a great friend.


“Good Morning” Cupcakes aka Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Ingredients:
stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cup flour
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 cup of chocolate chips
chocolate fudge icing
dried banana chips
Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease cupcake pan. Blend the butter and the sugar into a cream. Add eggs and sour cream. Stir until smooth. Mix in flour and baking soda. Add mashed bananas. Mix in vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into muffin tins and ¾ way full. Makes 20 to 24 cupcakes. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool (if you can wait that long) ice with chocolate fudge icing. Top with a banana chip.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Yummy! I'll have to try these out. I love chocolate and banana combinations. I'm glad you started this blog.