Saturday, June 21, 2008

In-n-Out

Words can not even big to express my love for In-n-Out. If you don’t know what In-n-Out is then you should hop a plane ASAP for California because you are missing out on one of life’s finest moments. Let me elaborate...first you need to know one very important fact about me. I do not eat fast food. I think that fast food is a sorry excuse for a meal. If you ever see a fast food restaurant on this site, then call the police because I have surely been kidnapped and something terrible tragic is going to happen to me like being force fed greasy fries and overcooked grade F meat…or my husband is trying to be funny and sneak a blog onto my food site. Anyway, moving on…now that you get that I do not eat fast food under any circumstance you need to know about my one exception…In-n-Out Burger…My mouth waters at the words as I think about their out of this world unbelievably delectable burgers. At first glance, they just look like any ordinary burger. But on closer examination you can’t help but to fall in love if you know the secret. See here’s the deal. In-n-Out has a very simple menu literally burger, fries, milkshake or at least it seems that way. They have a secret not really so secret menu. It’s not posted in the restaurant you have to just know about it (or look it up http://www.in-n-out.com/). Here is a simple test…next time you meet someone who has been to Cali ask them if they have been to In-n-Out. If they answer yes in a balsa kind of way then they are boring and do not know of the secret menu. But if they answer with overwhelming enthusiasm then they are totally in. (the one exception would be my husband who’s taste buds have been deadened by years of fast food…yuck…JUST SAY NO TO FAST FOOD EXCEPT IN-N-OUT) Anyway, back to the secret menu…the most popular item on the secret menu is an animal style burger. Animal style means they coat your burger in mustard before cooking then top it with sautéed onions and a secret sauce (basically thousand island dressing with a kick) placing it on a toasted bun before serving it. Trust me try it even if you don’t like any of those ingredients you can’t help but to fall in love with the piece of heaven they serve you. This week I was in California visiting my best friend, Liz, who first introduced me to In-n-Out. We ate there everyday for lunch. It was the happiest my mouth has been in quite some time. So go and try it for yourself and you will see…YOU WILL LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Walters Press said...

Yum! I had it yesterday too. How would you like it if I texted you everytime I ate there? I just might start that. Oh, and you forgot the pickles! Animal style includes really crunchy pickles on the burger. I don't get them because they're just too crunchy for me and get in the way of the perfect crunchy lettuce...

Patty B. said...

We eat at In-n-Out often here in the Northern California Sierra foothills. Don't forget, they have scriptures printed on the packaging. Also, they pay their employees more than any other fast food restaurants. I think they start at about $13 per hour.
Everything they serve is fresh, they even make their french fries from fresh potatoes. Patty (Tracy's Mom/Sullivan's Nana)

Heather said...

You know I haven't really thought about in-n-out burgers in 7 years. That was the last time I was fortunate enough to eat there. I was also 7 months pregnant at the time, so it was doubly special. And now...I am left with a craving that will go unfulfilled...this world can be so cruel...:)